Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Dashed Again...

..out into the rain to go to the rental place to get a tiller. Only to have my hopes of FINALLY getting my garden tilled dashed by a downpour or two. Holy crap...I don't know how your supposed to get a garden started around here other than covering your plot with a tarp before every rain.

"Get your own damned tiller", you say? Well, the POS tiller that I left in Tucson because it wouldn't go in the truck (because I was hauling a friend's dirt bike back to the midwest)...it would sell for about $95 around here even in poor shape. It's insane! My dad's got two old tillers in AR that I can have, but I have to wait on him to bring them up here. Sure, I've got a trailer and a hitch on the Subie, but it's got a wicked case of Subaru piston slap right now and I don't really want to drive it any further than I can afford the tow bill (flatbed of course because of the awd). Of course, I could get a hitch for the superJetta, but that's almost $500 right there.....

Just. can't. win.

No comments:

Post a Comment