Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pollen, Dirt Bikes, and Chocolate

CP got out on the bike this weekend...twice.  On Saturday we went over to a friend's house and she was able to ride with someone her size.  It was a short ride, but she enjoyed it anyway.  I hope to get her over her fear of anything other than flat ground, so we went out to a local spot on Sunday for more riding to burn off some of that chocolate and Jelly Belly sugar.  

I got to ride Jason's latest bike.  He's been hemming and hawing about wanting to sell it and find a little more power and I've been wanting to ride the darned thing before he does.  I got 4 minutes on it Sunday and came back stammering like Timothy Busfield's character in Field of Dreams; "don't sell this bike, don't, don't, don't sell this bike!  It went exactly where I put it, did exactly I wanted without trouble or without having to do more than just think about where I wanted to go...quickly.  It's just amazing.  Don't sell this bike, indeed.

At first, CP was adamant about not wanting to ride the trails, but after following her uncle Jason around a part of the trail for a bit, it's all she wanted to do.  She had a blast and I was happy to see her out on a new adventure.



It seems that the time for pollen is upon us.  My face and teeth were hurting this morning when I woke up.  Ughh....  This just after we're all shaking off the loss of our sweet Violet this past weekend.  It's a different place without her, but we're glad for the time we had with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment