Sunday, February 14, 2010

Clay Cups and Chocolate

This morning, my little one brought me a tiny pink Hello Kitty card and a box of Russell Stover dark chocolates. What a way to start the day!

I was looking around yesterday at a local store that's within easy walking distance and found a new hand made coffee cup for my LW and a kid-size drinking cup for CP on the seconds rack. I even got to talk to the potter who made both cups while I was in the store. I had been out around town dropping off some of the recycling pile that has continued to dwindle and rebuild since we've been here with the LW's folks.

It's about 20 degrees out with light snow flurries and even some scattered sunlight. Soon we'll be off to Coldsnow so that I can pick up a pen and another writing book/journal. On the way back, we'll stop in at Aunt Harmony's place for a valentines day shindig to sugar the kid up just a bit.

It's about time to replace the hard bound book that I've been using since 2002 to write down things that I don't want to forget or that I want CP to know about when she grows up. My memory is pretty bad and it's amazing to sit down once and a while and go back to see what I was thinking, or what was happening, on a certain day for several years back. I'd advise anyone with kids to do this - treat it as an open letter to your kid, grandkids, and the great grandkids (grandkids who, due to my age, may not ever meet me). The LW and I are amazed at all of the little things that we forget and we always laugh about certain crazy things that CP was doing at different times.

No comments:

Post a Comment