Thursday, January 28, 2010

No More Naps?

I don't know for certain, but I think we may have landed in no-more-nap land. CP doesn't seem to really want to take a nap in the afternoons anymore and it leaves me both happy that she's moving on and sad that I don't get that breather in the afternoons that I sometimes need in order to get *anything* accomplished while it's light outside. We'll see.

So far, the SAHD thing is working out well here. There's plenty to do still and she is really enjoying the workbooks that we picked up from US Toy. They have everything there to homeschool a kid when you can't find a preschool that's worth a damn.

We should be closing on the house down the street soon. On hold for...wait...for...it...an appraisal. Oh, you can probably guess just how pleased that makes me. Screwed by appraiser bastards in Tucson, and now I have to wait on one here! Either way, we'll be in and blowing money on....uh, I mean fixing things in no time. We went to check on home insurance this week and the guy quoted me $1250 a year. Really. It's bad enough that health insurance has almost doubled for us here because you can't throw a rock without hitting a fat bastard with a cigarette hanging out of his/her/its mouth, but now we find out that our home insurance costs have more than doubled. It's got me clickin' my damned heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment